Summary of Zarc’s presence in the 2021 Gaceta Dental Awards
Spanish dentistry meets again to celebrate the twenty-fourth edition of the Gaceta Dental awards. Zarc, as sponsor of the award Best Scientific Article, did not want to miss this event and was part of the exclusive guests list.
As the president of Peldaño, stated, Ignacio Rojas: “since the return of Expodental Scientific Congress last June, it is a satisfaction to see how the events and congresses, so characteristic and important for our sector, are reappearing on our calendars . This celebration is an example.”
Topics covered in the 2021 Premios Gaceta Dental ceremony
In an event where several topics of interest to the dental sector have been discussed, the role of the dental sector during the pandemic and the positive outlook towards the future should be highlighted.
The president of the College of Dentists of Spain, Dr. Óscar Castro Reino, highlighted that “as president of the General Council of Dentists, it is a pride to represent a profession that has so much talent. Despite the difficulties they have had to face since 2020, each and every one of the winners has contributed to the fact that Spanish Dentistry continues to be among the best in the world”.
Juan Manuel Molina, CEO of Henry Schein, the first global sponsor of the awards, also wanted to comment on the matter: “After a difficult year like the one we have experienced, the message of this event sends us a breeze of fresh air and hope that forces us to do a reflection on the future (…) This twenty-fourth meeting makes me reflect on how time passes and also on the moments lived by all of humanity. And in health personnel and professionals who, like you, have been at the forefront of the pandemic. Thanks for your work. Thank you for being there, even creating resources to treat the patient. We have seen how weak we can become and how strong we can be if we are united”.
– Dr. Paula Aceytuno Poch: Scientific Article Award for her work “Stem cells in orthodontic tooth movement” (sponsored by Zarc4endo)
– Dr. Luis Jané Chimeno y colleagues: Clinical Case Award for their work “Monolithic chairside restorations. Treatment Options in the Digital World” (sponsored by Dentsply Sirona)
– Alice Gallego Roda: Dental Hygienist Award for her work “Infant feeding and early childhood caries” (sponsored by Oral B))
– Pradíes & Laffond Clinic: Digital Clinic and Laboratory Award (sponsored by 3Shape)
– Lara & Ochoa Dental Clinic: Future Clinic Award (sponsored by Dent Forum)
– Dr. Celia Martín del Olmo: Dentistry Students Award for her work “Socket shield technique for the aesthetic restoration of dental implants” (sponsored by EDE Formación))
– Dolores María Gavira Ramírez: Dental Prosthesis Students Award for her work “Multimaterial 3D Printing, Revolution or utopia?” (sponsored by Ivoclar Vivadent)
– Luis Séiquer Social Dentistry Foundation: Dental Solidarity Award (sponsored by Medicalfit)
– Leonor Martín-Pero Muñoz: Digital Dental Photography Award for her work “Luces y Acción” (sponsored by Canon)
– Dr. Alejandra Tezza Lusardi: Short Story Award for her work “Siesta” (sponsored by Orascoptic)
The Gaceta Dental Special Prize has been awarded to Dr. Eduardo Anitua, the most influential Spanish researcher in the area of Dentistry and number 62 worldwide, according to the published “Ranking of the World Scientists: World´s Top 2% Scientists” by Stanford University.
Zarc at the awards
As sponsor of the Premio Mejor Artículo Científico, the company Zarc4endo has been commissioned to present the award to Dr. Paula Aceytuno Poch for her work: “Stem cells in otodontic tooth movement”. Thanks to Mr. Manuel Gómara CEO of IPG Dental Group and Mr. Agustín Sánchez Durán, CEO of Zarc4Endo for rewarding the work and effort of the professionals in this sector who, as stated by the award-winning “continues to strive and bet on excellent dentistry while maintaining high standards research”
You can read the full article published by Gaceta Dental through the following link.